This week our Cedar Village community in Carrollton, GA has a chance to come out and support a great cause and give the gift of life at the Tanner Medical Center/Villa Rica Hosting American Red Cross Blood Drive. Cedar village is proud to come together to support each other and the community in this desperately important fundraiser.
On March 24th, 2014, you can go to the Tanner Medical Center/Villa Rica in Classrooms A & B on the third floor of the VillaWest building to donate, or call ahead and make an appointment by going to www.redcrossblood.org and using sponsor code “tannerhealth” or calling 770.836.9251. Walk-ins are welcome, but according to the website, those with appointments will be given priority.
Quick Blood Facts
- Today, fewer than 4 of every 10 people in the U.S. are eligible to give blood. Fewer than 1 in 10 actually donate.
- Approximately 40,000 pints of blood are used each day in the United States.
- Approximately 1 out of every 7 people entering the hospital needs blood.
- 1 donation has the potential to save as many as 3 lives.
- 3 teaspoons of blood can save a baby’s life.
- If there are 100 people in a room, 46 will have type O blood, 40 will have type A, 10 will have type B and four will have type AB.
- If 50 people donate, they could provide enough blood to take care of victims of a major car accident.
- If 20 people donate, they could help 1 burn victim.
- Whole blood donors can give every 8 weeks.
- Plasma donors can give as often as every 3 days.
- Blood lasts only 42 days.
At the Cedar Village community in Carrollton, GA, we have always valued our connection to the region, and especially Tanner Memorial Hospital, which provides high quality health care, as well as offering additional employment opportunities to our residents. We’re proud to support this blood drive and encourage our residents to volunteer to donate the gift of life to those in need!
Don’t forget to Like us on Facebook and add us into your circles on G+ for more up to date news and community events from the best mobile home communities in Georgia and Texas, where you can find affordable living at it’s best.